Wouldn't it be wonderful if every day was a good hair day? Fortunately, no matter what your hair type is, your locks can look healthy and lustrous in any situation. In this article, you'll find some general steps that you can follow to always have great hair. The article also contains specific sections on caring for different hair types. Follow all the steps or just choose those that apply to you to have great hair.
- First and foremost, you should pay much attention to methods used for general hair care.
The first step is washing hair correctly. If you can, try not to wash your hair every day. Daily baths and showers will strip your hair of its natural oils. That being said, if you apply products such as hair spray, mousse, gel, and anti-frizz products, these build up in your hair and inhibit the distribution of your hair’s natural oils. It's advisable to wash hair products out of your hair as regularly as is required. If you never use hair products, you may get away with never using shampoo and just rinsing your hair occasionally.
- Massage your scalp with the shampoo, not with conditioner. Do this for about 40 seconds before washing it out. If you have oily hair, repeat the process once more (with the shampoo, not conditioner). When you massage the top of your head, the circulation increases and it also helps prevent dandruff. Use a sulfate and silicone free shampoo if your hair is curly or wavy. Sulfate-free shampoos help to prevent frizz.
- Pour conditioner into your hand and rub from the tips of your hair to the roots. If you want softer silkier looking hair, leave the conditioner in your hair for a few minutes before you rinse it off.
- Try to wash your hair on the coolest setting that is comfortable or at least try giving it a final rinse of cool water. This seals the hair cuticles (the outermost layer of the hair shaft) and locks in moisture, making it shinier. Hotter water may be used occasionally to wash hair if you have very oily or dirty hair. Either way, try rinsing in cool temperature water for the final rinse.
- Next, It is very fundamental to dry your hair carefully with a blow dryer.
Blow dryers can be more benefiting than air-drying if you use them correctly. When you blow dry your hair, put it on a cool setting and hold distance it away to protect it from any heat. If you hold the blow dryer too close, the water in your hair can heat up and damage your hair. This is why hair dryers are known to be bad, but if you use it correctly it is very good. If you can, avoid drying your hair with heat as much as you can; it will only damage your hair.
- Avoid wringing your hair with a towel after you get out of a shower. Wet hair is more fragile, and wringing it could cause your hair strands to break or fall out.
- Use some heat protection spray when you blow-dry your hair. You should also use protection spray when you use hot rollers or a flat iron or a curling iron or GHD type straighteners.
- ü The last step but deserved considering the primary one is that: Give your hair some special treatment from time to time.
Treating your hair with some special restorative products can help to improve your hair’s health.
- Apply a deep conditioning treatment. You can use deep conditioning treatments like egg oil, olive oil, avocado oil or coconut oil.
- You can also purchase a hair mask or hair cream and apply it.
- Use a natural treatment like olive oil, mayonnaise and an egg or a soak in full-fat milk. Leave these treatments in for 2 to 3 hours and rinse them out thoroughly without applying shampoo or conditioner. You can do this once or twice per week if you see good results.
- Use a leave-in conditioner at least once a week. Leave-in conditioners penetrate deep into your hair cuticles to heal them more completely.
- Try a spray leave in conditioner after you shower. The conditioner will make your hair more pliable and manageable.
- You should only purchase these caring hair product from reliable store sites to avoid adverse cases such as low quality and expensive rate.