Cooking is fun; however, kitchen safety is a need. There are numerous bits of hardware and natural risks that can be amazingly risky. A piece of good kitchen design is planning and preparing for kitchen safety. Your kitchen can transform into a hectic and dangerous when you don’t follow security tips. Sharp knives, rough cookware, bubbling fluid and oily floor – all can build the danger of genuine wounds. This blog will give general necessary safety tips to follow in your modular kitchen. I hope these kitchen safety tips will be valuable.
1. Don’t put knives or other sharp objects into the sink full of water
a) Store knives, forks, scissors and other sharp objects in a wooden block or a drawer. Some could reach in and get hurt.
b) Make sure the knives are out of the reach of children.
c) Use the knife for cutting, not gesturing or pointing.
2. Make sure to check that the oven and other cooking appliances are turned off after cooking.
a) Turn off appliances and unplug them as soon as you finish with them.
b) Stay in the kitchen when you are frying or grilling the food. While leaving the kitchen to turn off the Gas or oven. To prevent any mishaps in the kitchen, you should stay alert.
c) Keep paper towels, dish towels and pot holders away from the stovetop so they don’t catch on fire.
3. Keep all hot objects away from children
a) Keep hot food and liquid away from the table.
b) Turn the handles of pots and pans inward so you do not knock them off and spill.
c) Also, keep cleaning bleaches and solutions out of kids’ reach.
4. Keep temperature-sensitive foods in the proper place in the kitchen.
a) The non-vegetarian foods like raw meat, fish, and certain dairy products can spoil quickly, so refrigerate or freeze them right away.
b) Frozen food should be kept in the bottom shelf of a refrigerator and not taken out until cooking time.
c) Don’t allow bacteria to grow by keeping high-risk food in the Temperature Danger Zone. Because in warm, moist conditions a few bacteria can multiply into millions in several hours.
5. Keep Electrical appliances away from water to avoid shock.
a) Stay away from electrical sockets, especially if your hands are wet.
b) Install microwaves/ovens not too high so that hot food may spill over you. Make sure kitchen interior designer must design your kitchen in the same way.
c) Keep electric kitchen devices cords coiled and away from counter edges and also make your kitchen design like all switches are out of the reach of kids.
- 6. Wash your hands before handling food and after handling meat or poultry.
- a) It will prevent germs from spreading in your modern kitchen. Hands can be the reason for a bacterial infection.
- b) If you spill something, wipe up spills as soon as they happen.
- c) Never add water to a pan that has hot oil in it. It could make the oil-wet and burning chances are more in such cases.
Kitchen safety is very important, whether you are working in your home kitchen or outside. We at kitchen décor implant all modular kitchens in Pune with high edge kitchen design material and also keeping kitchen safety in mind.