Important dates to remember:
_________________________________________________________________________________________Due Dates for 3rd trimester gym projects (room 302):
04/09: Lena, Brianna, Honor
04/16: Natalie, Nora, Georgia
04/23: Alex, Jacob, Joe D.
05/07: Gwen, Zack, RJ
05/14: John, Joe C. Amelia
05/21: Ryan M., Tommy, Eamon
***UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS............PLEASE FOLLOW THE DRESS CODE
Boys Year Round Uniform for Grades 4 to 8
• Khaki Twill Pants OR Khaki Poly/Cotton Pants*
• White Short Sleeve OR Long Sleeve Button-down Collar Shirt*
• Navy V-Neck Sweater Vest or Navy V-Neck Pullover Sweater with School Logo*
• Navy & Gold Striped Tie*
• Black/Brown Belt*
• Tan/Brown Socks
Girls Year Round Uniform for Grades 5 to 8
• Navy Gold & White Plaid Wrap Around Kilt*
• Navy Short Sleeve OR Long Sleeve Banded Bottom Shirt with School Logo*
• Navy V-Neck Sweater Vest or Navy V -Neck Pullover Sweater with School Logo*
• Navy Blue Knee High Socks or Tights
Girls and Boys Gym wear Uniform for all grades
• Navy Gym Tee Shirt with School Logo*
• Navy Micromesh Nylon Gym Shorts with School Logo *
• Navy Heavy Weight Sweatshirt with School Logo * or Navy STJP Spiritwear Sweatshirt
• Navy Heavy Weight Sweatpant *or Navy STJP Spiritwear Sweatpant
• Plain White Socks*
• NO CYO clothing as part of Gym Uniform
Science: Our next unit in Science will be on the body systems. We will be studying the circulatory system, respiratory system, and excretory/digestive system. The students will be completing a variety of projects, activities, and assessments during the next six weeks. One major assignment will be reading and writing their own notes for a section of the chapter!
Religion: The children did a great job creating a Mass book for the second grades. Please remember to keep them in your prayers as they prepare for their First Communion.
During April we will be working on a Saint Project that will be completed using a new program in computer class. It should be lots of fun and pretty interesting! We will also begin the Sacraments of Healing. The children should be practicing the Apostle's Creed each day. The written assessment will be at the end of the month.
Math: We will be finishing up fractions this month and moving onto Geometry! This is always a fun unit:)
Monday - Computers/Library
Tuesday - Music
Wednesday - Art
Thursday - Gym
5th grade attends the 8:30 Mass on Tuesday; please feel free to join us:)
If you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me by email or a note.
I look forward to a wonderful year with all of you!
* all workbooks should have the student's name on the front and need to be covered with clear contact paper
* students should have their USB drives with them on a daily basis
* grades will be accessed on - line using your personal ID number
* monthly calendar - please visit the calendar to keep you organized
* absentee notes are required