101 District Roundtable Agenda/Info for September 8, 2011
At Fellowship Hall in First Lutheran Church and School, Ponca City, OK
6:30 pm - Program Planning with updates on local and council programs
7:30 pm - Training: Journey to EXCELLENCE
* Back to School for Scouting – update.
* Popcorn Kickoff – was held on 13 AUG 11 at Oakwood Christian Church, 401 N. Oakwood Road, Enid, OK. Oakwood Christian Church info and map
* Commissioners – if you are interested in being a commissioner, to help your local packs or troops grow and thrive, please contact Ron Switzer, our Council Commissioner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Popcorn –
Sep 2 – Show & Sell Product Distribution
Sep 3 – Sales Begin!
Oct 1 – Council-wide Sales BLITZ Day
Oct 12 – Sale Orders Due
Nov 4 or 5 – Popcorn Order Pick-up
Nov 30 – Popcorn Payments Due to Council Office
* Tour Plans - although National BSA has changed the policy on tour permits and tour plans on 1 MAR 11, the Cimarron Council still requires us to submit tour permits as before. We keep doing the same thing as before, but we now use a different form. This complies with the Guide to Safe Scouting
* Service Areas – the Cimarron Council is going to a “Service Area” approach. Each district will become a service area. Doug explained this at the August Roundtable.
* Buffalo Waller – September 16-18 at Buffalo Waller site, 5 miles west of Kaw City on OK-11. All local Boy Scouts troop are invited. Please bring 1-2 activities for all Scouts to participate in. RSVP to Bob Duckwall (email@example.com) or Lowry Blakeburn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* Fishing Derby – September 24 for Cub Scouts at the Group Camp at Osage Cove, Kaw Lake. $10/Cub Scout. We would love to have some Boy Scouts there to help the Cubs.
* Spook-O-Ree – October 14-15 and 21-22 at Will Rogers Scout Reservation, and on October 28-29 at Williams Scout Reservation. See Council website for more details.
* Scouting for Food – November 10 flyers handed out at Roundtable. Packs and Troop can pass out the flyers and sacks at their convenience. November 19, Saturday, we will pick up the food. Ramona Ash is the leader.
* Belt Loop Bonanza – November 11-13, Webelos and Boy Scout campout at Camp McFadden. T-556 will host. RSVP to Lowry Blakeburn.
* MBU 2012 – Dawn Huff is the lead organizer for this. We will need volunteers for teaching the merit badges. It will be held at Northern Oklahoma College in Tonkawa, OK. Every Scout in the Council is invited. Tentatively scheduled for 14 and 28 JAN 2012.
* Lake Road Trash Pickup – Boy Scouts, tentatively plan on picking up trash in April. We could use a volunteer to take the lead on this!
* Woodbadge – we are planning on holding a Woodbadge course in Spring 2012. If you are interested in attending or teaching at Woodbadge, contact Brian Lechner (Brian.Lechner@Scouting.org or BLechner@BSAmail.org) or the council office.
* Philmont in 2012 – if you desire to go to Philmont in 2012, get your $100 reservation turned in by 1 JUN 11. The Council has 2 treks, and 1 trek is coed.
* National Jamboree in 2013 – it will be in West Virginia. We hope to keep the total cost less than $2000. The cost at site should be about $860, and travel and site-seeing will be in addition to that. National will provide all the tents and food. You can go on-line for more details on this.