Baptism (by Pastor Tim Stevenson)
1. Jesus was baptized. Matthew 3:13-17
2. Jesus commanded it. Matthew 28:19
3. Hearing, believing and being baptized is the pattern that is established by the Scriptures. A person is not baptized in order to believe; one is baptized after one becomes a believer.
4. Baptism is the believer's declaration of allegiance to Christ as Lord of his/her life.
5. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus christ. (Romans 6:3-5)
6. Believer's baptism by immersion is the individual's opportunity to give witness to the profound change that has occurred in his/her life through hearing and believing the good news of Jesus Christ.