Parents can contact me through email, a note, or by phoning the school. Please remember that an absent note is required when your child returns to school.
- Homework is posted on the board and the website daily.
- Studying and reviewing material covered in class is essential for success.
- Homework represents 5% of each student's grade.
- Every child begins each trimester with 100 points for homework. Five points are deducted for each missed assignment.
- All work submitted must be neat and legible in order to receive credit.
- Missed homework assignments will be made up the following day for homework.
- At least 3 days notice will be given for all tests. At least 2 days notice will be given for quizzes.
- Vocabulary and Spelling will be tested on alternate Fridays.
- All graded assignments will be sent home for parent review and signature.
- Directions and rubrics will be distributed for all activities, projects, and writing assignments. Be sure to have your child review these so that he/she may attain the highest grade possible.
- ELA will be broken down according to the following criteria. All four categories are weighted equally in calculating the final report card grade.
Writing: 25% (All work is considered a test)
Literature: 25% (All work is considered a test)
Language 25% (Test - 60%, quizzes - 30% and homework - 5%, journals - 5%)
***** In the Language category: Spelling will be considered as quizzes, Vocabulary and Grammar will be considered as tests.
- Social Studies will be broken down according to the following criteria:
Current Events 20%
- Students must have the required supplies both in school and at home in order to work efficiently and successfully.
- Allow your child to take the responsibility for his/her work. Consequences for missed assignments will help your child to become aware of the need for more disciplined study habits.
- Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Plagiarized assignments will receive a grade of 0.