made this pretty exact to the receipe for Mazners+Ian/Ramsay
it was really delicious
used ground thigh meat from Cal Mart
SERVINGS - 5
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
1 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey
1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
3⁄4 cup catsup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3⁄4 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
- Press meatloaf into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
- Spread remaining catsup on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
- (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.)
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.