Jesus' Promises For You
(Promises are in bold, requirements are underlined)
(1) “Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father [God] will love them.” --John 14:21 (the book of John, chapter 14 verse 21)
- What is Jesus promising me in this passage? God will love me. And Jesus will also reveal himself to me.
- When a good father loves his child does he protect, care for, and guide the child? Yes
- The following verses show some of the other ways God wants to love you
- What are the conditions for this promise?
(2) “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? … What will we wear?’ ... Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.” --Matthew 6:31-32
- What is Jesus promising in this verse?
- Who is he? Who's kingdom
- What does Jesus promise God will do?
- Why do you think Jesus says need and not 'want'? Our wants can be very destructive.
- What are some of your needs?
(3) “Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free” --John 8:31-32
- Have a good marriage, good kids, successful work. You'll be told one way, but there is a much better way.
(4) “Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take up my yoke and learn from me, … and you will find rest for your souls." --Matthew 11:28-29
(5) “That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins." --John 10:26-28
(6) “Anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.” --John 3:36
- Is Jesus lying
(7) “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.” --Mark 8:34-35