Jesus' Main Message
(1) Full & Abundant Life for Us “I [Jesus] have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance.” John 10:10 (the book of John in the Bible, chapter 10, verses 10)
(2) Our Sins have separated us from God “It’s your sins that have cut you off from God. Because of your sins, he has turned away and will not listen anymore.” Isaiah 59:2
(3) Forgiveness of Sins “There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.” Luke 24:47
(4) Living Forever in Heaven “anyone who believes in God’s Son [Jesus] has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.” John 3:36
(5) Offer is a Gift “God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done.” Ephesians 2:8-9
(6) Because Jesus Paid for Our Sins
“For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.” 1 Peter 3:18
(7) Turn from Our Sins
“Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away.” Acts 3:19
- What must one do to receive forgiveness of sins?
- Luke 13:3 "And you will perish, too, unless you repent of your sins and turn to God."
- What happens to those who don't repent of their sins?
- Acts 3:19 "Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away."
- What must one do to have their sins wiped away.
- Are you willing to turn from your sin?
(8) Believe Jesus' Death Saves
"so the Son of Man [Jesus] must be lifted up [die on the cross for our sins], so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life." John 3:14-15
- John 20:27b-28 Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe! “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
- After Jesus was resurrected from the dead what did Jesus command his apostle Thomas to do?
- What two things did Thomas respond by believing in?
- Colossians 1:15-16a Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation, 16 for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth.
- How is Jesus Christ described?
- Trust Jesus death saves us means trusting in Jesus Christ ALONE for our eternal life. This means trusting in what He has done for us on the cross rather than in what we have done.
- 1 Peter 3:18a Christ suffered for our sins once for all time. He never sinned, but he died for sinners to bring you safely home to God.
- Who died in our place?
- Why did he die?
- Acts 1:3a During the forty days after he suffered and died, he appeared to the apostles ... and he proved to them in many ways that he was actually alive.
- His resurrection proved that he was God and that he had suffered the punishment we deserved in our place.
- John 14:6 "Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.'"
- According to Jesus, is Jesus the only way to God?
- Do you believe Jesus' death can save you?
(9) Live to Follow & Serve Jesus
See #A1-A5 on other side for what we must do to follow Jesus. How much do we need to follow and serve Jesus? “If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.” Mark 8:35
- What are we to give up our lives for?
- John 12:25-26 "Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."
- Do you want God to honor you?
- What must one do to be honored by God?
- Does the first 2 sentences describe the intensity of how much we need to follow and serve Jesus?
- Ephesians 2:8-9 "God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God... so none of us can boast about it."
- What is a gift from God?
- What does one need to do?
- Are you willing to Follow & Serve Jesus?
- Do you want to respond to Jesus by placing your trust in Him as our Savior and Lord, by turning from your sins to live to follow and serve Jesus?
- If yes, then tell God that. A suggested prayer is "Lord Jesus, I'm sorry for going my own way. Please forgive me for all my sin. Thank you for dying on the cross to pay for my sin. I turn from my sin and will now follow and serve you as my savior and Lord."
(10) See the underlined words above for what we will experience!!!!
More at: www.JesusMainMessage.com