Step 2 - How to be Saved - Romans 10:9
Romans 10.9 "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." NLT
An effective way to review memory verses together, pg 33 of book 1
- Daily review Mark 8:34 until you can say it word perfect a few times.
- Daily pray Mark 8:34:
- Ask God to help you give up your own way, take up your cross, and truly and completely follow him.
- Pray this also for family & friends.
- Daily apply Mark 8:34: Ask God how you can today give up your own way, take up your cross, and truly and completely follow him.
- In other words go ALL out to applying and living Mark 8:34.
(A) Daily Reading and Weekly Memorizing
- ADD THIS Review the previous 3 days highlights so you will remember instead of just daily reading and forgetting what God showed you the days before.
- Share one key command or promise from each day of your daily Bible reading (you are encourage to use the New Testament reading plan at www.OneYearNT.com.
- Keep Mark 8:34 memorized by saying Mark 8:34 from memory until you can say it word perfect. Don't proceed until you can say it word perfect.
(B) Read "Who Do You Think That I Am?" https://www.keepandshare.com/doc11/mobile.php?i=2841899&u=34360
- What key points in each of the following sections of "Who Do You Think That I Am" were most important to you?
- JESUS IS GOD
- JESUS IS HOLY
- JESUS IS THE SAVIOR
- JESUS IS THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE OBJECT OF SAVING FAITH
- JESUS IS LORD
- JESUS IS THE JUDGE
- HOW WILL YOU RESPOND?
- How does the tract describe repentance in the JESUS IS LORD section?
- Have you ever repented and believed in Jesus as your Lord and Savior?
- If yes, can you briefly describe when and how that came about?
(C) Romans 10.9 "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." NLT
- What must we declare Jesus is Lord of?
- Yesterday's verse (Mark 8:34) shows the 3 requirements for making Jesus Lord.
- "believe in your heart that" "does not mean that people need to believe only this individual event with no understanding of Christ’s death, but rather they need to believe in the resurrection along with the whole complex of truth connected with it, particularly Jesus’ sin-bearing death in mankind’s place, followed by his resurrection that showed God the Father’s approval of Christ’s work ... Saving faith is not mere intellectual agreement but deep inward trust in Christ at the core of one’s being." ESV Study Bible.
- Included in what to believe are the truths described in the "Who Do You Think That I Am?" gospel presentation in section B above.
- What is the promise in Romans 10:9?
- What are we saved from?
- Think about and pray over this study.
- Look at each # in Romans 10:9 and ask God to help you do it. Continue to do this daily.
- Memorize Romans 10:9 and keep reviewing Mark 8:34 daily.
- Who (family, friends, acquaintances) can you share Romans 10:9 with this week?
- Next week you'll learn how God wants you to deal with your sins (will make all the difference in your life).
- Who needs this lesson? Can you share this lesson with them today?