(1) Affirmation: I appreciated it today when …
- This is an opportunity to affirm, thank them for ...
(2) Affection: hug, kiss, quick shoulder rub, connect physically
(3) Apology: is there anything today that I did today that hurt, bother, upset you?
- Only response is I'm sorry, not to be defensive
- Does not have to think of something.
- Don't bring up something already resolved.
(4) Ask: what is one thing you would like me to do for you today, tomorrow, or rest of the week?
(5) Amen: How can I pray for you specifically, and take a moment to pray together
- Through prayer you can connect with your spouse
Pick a time every day for when to do this