Things To Do at Baby Showers
Things To Do at Baby Showers
- Don't say "BABY": Each guest receives a clothes pin as they arrive and explain to the guests only once: If you catch someone saying the word 'baby' you get to take their clothes pin. The one with the most pins at the end of the shower wins.
- The Price is Right: Just like TV, purchase several baby items and keep the receipt. Have the items out for the guests to see, and have them write down what the price of each item. The one closest without going over to the actual price wins.
- Baby Shower Word Scramble: Take words of baby items and mix up the letters, then have guests unscramble the words. Do 10-15 and make them tough so the most correct wins.
- Penny For Your Thoughts: Introduction Game - Have two pennies from the same year, you'll a different year for each guest. Example: 15 guests, 30 pennies, 15 different years. When guests come in they are given a penny and the other penny is put in a jar. When all the guests have arrived the Mother-to-be selects a penny and the person with that corresponding year tells a little about themselves, how they know the Mother, and maybe a little story about the new Mom. After everyone has spoken the Mom-to-be puts her pennies into the jar and selects one for a prize.
- Baby Food Guess: Purchase 6-10 jars of baby food, remove the wrappers and number then number the jars. Have the guests try to guess the food.
- Photo Game: Collect a baby photo from each guest and one of the mother, display them and have the guests try and pick which photo is the mother when she was a baby.
- Mystery Guess: Place odd shaped baby related objects in brown paper bags. The guests have to guess what is in each bag without opening it.
- Hang the Laundry: Hang a clothes line at the shower. Have a pile or a basket with baby clothes, blankets, and clothes pins. Each guest has a certain amount of time to hang the clothes while they are holding a baby (doll) and have a cordless phone to their ear. The ones that can hang the most clothing without droping baby or the phone wins.
- Change The Diaper: Sounds normal, here's the twist: teams of two need to change the baby's diaper each team member can only use one of their own hands - the other belongs to their partner. The fastest team wins!
- Pass The Box: This is really fun, Take a small gift, like a pretty candle and place it in a box, then gift wrap it, but keep wrapping it with different layers of giftwrap. Play some music while passing the present around, when the music stops, the guest left holding it unwraps the first layer of wrapping paper, then the music starts again and the box is passed, then everytime the music stops, another layer is removed until someone finally unwraps the very last layer, and that is the winner.
- What's In the Diaper: Melt or smash different kinds of candy (m&m's, snickers, baby ruth, skittles) and put into a diaper. Then pass the diapers with the smashed candy in it around the rooms, each guest must examine and smell the contents of the diaper to determine what the candy it is. Then they write down the name of the candy on a sheet of paper, the guest with the most right wins a small prize. Before the game begins and the candy is smeared into the diaper you should number the diapers so there is no confusion as to what candy is in which diaper. Note: Have your camera ready for this game, you will get some priceless pictures not soon to be forgotten.
- Feeding Race: Have guests partner up. Put a bib on 1 person in each team. Have the other person of the pair get behind the person with the bib to be their "arms". The person behind feeds the person with the bib from a jar of baby food. The first pair to finish their food wins. This can get messy, so use a table cloth or wipable surface.
- Create a Baby Keepsake: Buy a flannel baby blanket, and some pastel colored permanent fabric markers. You will also need an embroidery hoop, to help hold the blanket tight. During the course of the shower pass around the blanket and markers and let everyone "autograph" the blanket, or draw, or and add any comments for the "baby to be". You'll get some great and personal responses were so, it will be something that "baby" or mom can keep forever.
- Ice breaker: Divide the guests into teams of four. Pick songs everyone knows. Write down each song four on separate pieces of paper. (Mary Had a Little Lamb x 4, Take Me Out to the Ball Game x 4, and so on . . .) Pass out the slips of paper to the guests randomly. One the count of three everyone starts humming their song (no
words). The goal is to find the other three people humming your same song.
- Put-Pacifier-in-Baby's-Mouth: Just like "Pin-The-Tail-On-Donkey" rules, except make printouts or draw
little pacifiers, number them for as many guests there are, make printout of baby or draw one and hang it with tape on wall. Blindfold and turn each guest twice for their turn.
- Baby's First Bank: Before the shower ask everyone to bring some spare change. At the shower, pass around a piggy bank and have everyone put in their spare change out of their pockets or purses. As the piggy bank gets passed around, have each guest give a piece of advice for the new mother. This should be loud enough so all the guests could hear. Then give the money and piggy bank to the new mom to start the baby a savings account.
- Guess Mom's Tummy Size: Have each woman pull yarn to the size they believe would fit perfectly around the Mother-To-Be's center of her pregnant tummy. After everyone cuts their string, compare the results to the Mommy-To-Be's actual tummy.
- How Many Baby Items Can You Name: Have each woman write down as many baby products as they can name (bottle, blanket, pacifier, etc) within 5 minutes. Sure it is easy at the beginning, but towards the last few minutes, the women will start racking their brains for more.
- Bottle Races: Have each participant take a bottle filled with a liquid and suck the bottle as a baby would. The woman who drinks the most in an alloted time wins the baby shower gift. This baby shower game gets everyone laughing!
- Baby Bingo: Prior to opening the baby shower gifts, number each gift on the box starting with one. If you know that 15 people will be attending your shower, pre-print bingo cards with numbers 1 through 15 and randomly place them on 15 cards. When the mommy-to-be's decides to open the presents, she grabs the present she wants to open and reads the number out loud. As soon as someone receives bingo, they win the baby shower game and the baby shower prize.
Creation date: Feb 23, 2007 7:39 pm Last modified date: Mar 9, 2007 7:21 pm Last visit date: May 24, 2018 2:14 pm link & embed ?...