(2) How to have God guide & protect you:
“Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” –John 10:9-10
(2.1) What are the dangers of walking in total darkness?
(2.2) What does Jesus claim to be?
(2.3) If I want to have Jesus as my light (to guide & protect me from dangers) what do I need to do?
(2.4) What does it mean to follow Jesus?
(3) How to experience God’s love and care:
“Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, [God] will love them.” --John 14:21
(3.1) If we want to experience God's love and care what must we do?
(3.2) Can we obey Jesus' commandments if we don't know them or have forgotten them?
(3.3) How can we learn and not forget Jesus' commandments?
(4) How not to die in your sins:
“That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins.” --John 8:24
(5) How not to lose your soul:
“If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it. And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?” --Mark 8:34-36
(6) Learn Jesus’ conditions in each of the 5 promises above:
1. Make promoting God’s kingdom #1
2. Follow Jesus’ as your master
3. Commit to learning & obeying Jesus
4. Believe what Jesus claimed
5. Give up your life to serving Jesus