Jesus: How to Experience
(A1) God’s Help & Peace
“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? … What will we wear?’ ... Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and [God] will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:31-33 (the book of Matthew in the Bible, chapter 6 verses 31-33)
- Jesus promises God will "give you everything you need" if we do what two things?
- What does it mean to "Seek the Kingdom of God"?
- What does it mean to seek the Kingdom of God "above all else"?
- What does it mean if we "live righteously"?
- If we are experiencing God giving us everything we need then we won't worry about "What will we ..." because we'll know that God will give us everything we need. We'll have God's peace instead of worry.
(A2) God’s Protection & Guidance
“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
- Jesus promises us the light of life if we do what?
- His light will protect us by revealing the dangers of life.
- His light will Guide us in the direction that is best for us.
(A3) God’s Love & Care
“Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, [God] will love them.” John 14:21
- Jesus promises us God's love if we do what?
(A4) Freedom from Sin's Power
“You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. … and the truth will set you free.” John 12:26
- Jesus promises us being 'set you free' (freedom from sin's power) if we do what?
(A5) Living Forever in Heaven
“anyone who believes in God’s Son has eternal life. Anyone who doesn’t obey the Son will never experience eternal life but remains under God’s angry judgment.” John 3:36
- Jesus promises us 'eternal life' (living forever in heaven) if we do what?
(B1) Trust What Jesus Did Saves You
"so the Son of Man [Jesus] must be lifted up [die on the cross for our sins], so that everyone who believes in him will have eternal life." John 3:14-15
- Trusting in Jesus Christ alone for our eternal life. This means trusting in what He has done for us on the cross rather than in what we have done.
(B2) Believe Jesus is God & Your Master
“you will die [unforgiven and condemned] in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am the One [I claim to be], you will die in your sins.” John 8:24
- John 20:27b-28 Don’t be faithless any longer. Believe! “My Lord and my God!” Thomas exclaimed.
- After Jesus was resurrected from the dead what did Jesus command his apostle Thomas to do?
- What two things did Thomas respond by believing in?
(B3) Turn from Your Sin
“There is forgiveness of sins for all who repent.” Luke 24:47
- "Now repent of your sins and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped away."
(B4) Follow & Serve Only Jesus
See #A1-A5 on other side for what we must do to follow Jesus. How much do we need to follow and serve Jesus? “If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it.” Mark 8:35
- Matthew 4:10 ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.
Learn more by going to:
Good questions to ponder
- (on #1) What do we need to do to have God help us?
- What does it mean to "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else"?
- Are the 4 steps on the back clear?
Extra Promises to ponder
- Joy John 15:11
- Honor John 14:26
- Peace John 14:1