(2) How to be Saved
If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord
and believe in your heart
that God raised him from the dead,
you will be saved. NLT
Go to Table of Contents
(A1) Review Mark 8:34 until everyone can say it word perfect (Mark 8:34 is here).
(A2) Share what happened with the prayer requests.
(B) How to be Saved
(B1) Declare that you have made Jesus your Lord and believe God raised him from the dead: Romans 10:9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- So, how does one get saved?
- "openly declare that Jesus is Lord" - Make Jesus (the creator and lord of the universe), our lord and master (Col 2:6) and declare that to others (Matt 10:32).
- "believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead" - Believe that God raised Jesus from the dead which shows that God accepted Christ payment for our sins.
- What is the promise if we do these 2 requirements?
- "you will be saved" - We will go to heaven instead of hell.
(B2) Must make Jesus your Lord and Master: Last week's training session 1 went over How to Make Jesus Your Lord. Click on How to Make Jesus Your Lord and review the main points. Which one do you want to focus on this week?
(B3) Need to openly declare that you are a follower of Jesus: Matthew 10:28, 32-33 (28) Don’t fear those who kill the body but are not able to kill the soul; rather, fear him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. ... (32) Therefore, everyone who will acknowledge me before others, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven. (33) But whoever denies me before others, I will also deny him before my Father in heaven.
- Who are we not to fear?
- Why are we not to fear them?
- Who are we to fear?
- Who will Jesus acknowledge before God?
- What does it mean to acknowledge Jesus before others?
- Is being baptized one of the ways we can openly declare that Jesus is our Lord?
- What happens to those who are silent about following Jesus?
(B4) What we must believe and rely on: Read the online Do You Know pamphlet. This will clearly explain what we need to believe and do.
- What are the 5 things we need to know? (see pages 6,8,10,12,14)
- What are the 4 things we need to do? (see pages 16-17)
- Read out loud the prayer of commitment on page 19. Have you ever told God that before? If not, would you like to make that commitment to God now?
(B5) What Jesus Said About: Read the online What Jesus Said About card.
- What are the 5 promises God gives?
- What are God's conditions for each of the 5 promises?
- What are the 4 things we need to do?
- Jesus' resurrection proved that Jesus is who He claimed to be and that the Father had accepted His sacrifice in the place of sinners.
(C) Tips on Memorizing
- Always review in this sequence: Topic, Reference, Verse, Reference.
- Review, review, review is the most critical element in Scripture memory. The more you review, the greater your retention. Therefore the first few days review verse frequently, then daily review the verse.
- Meditate (think deeply about) day and night (Psalm 1:2) on what the verse means and how you can more closely live the verse.
(D) For Next Week
(D1) 10 minutes a day think about and ask God for help in doing the 11 verses on the 'How to Follow Jesus' 3x5 card (online version here). Can you do this?
(D2) Memorize Romans 10:9. Can you do this?
(D3) Review daily Mark 8:34 and Romans 10:9. Can you do this?
(D4) Who needs to hear this? How can they hear this from you?
(D5) Listen to Bible daily using the "You Version Bible" App on your phone or tablet.
(D6) Read next week's (3) How to Live - Philippians 4:6-7 training session. Can you do this?
Go to Table of Contents