Welcome to the Youth Group Chat Blog!
First, I would like to thank everyone who made it to our Pizza Party and Brainstorming Session on Wednesday, August 30th. We had a great time making gourmet pizzas. They were yummy!
We got lots of ideas on how to improve the Youth Group, and based on the feedback of those who attended, we decided to schedule the next four meetings on the following Sundays, from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.:
- September 10th
- September 24th
- October 8th
- Octoberr 22nd
We scheduled two meetings per month, rather than four or five, hoping that this would make it easier for more of you to join us. We miss you!
I'd like to welcome parishioner, Craig Fry
, who will facilitate the Sunday morning discussions based on your feedback! All you need to do is post your ideas to this blog site.
We also talked about activities that would be fun to do this year:
- Feeding the homeless this winter
- Overnight retreat in El Cerrito or San Francisco
- Environmental activity, organized by Tom Scharffenberger
- Information session on going to Mexico and building a house for the locals
- Special gatherings, to be planned with your input
We are so happy to have you as part of our church community and we look forward to doing what we can to make this a meaningful experience for you. Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated!