Meeting Minutes June 2013
COOKEN JUNE 2013 MEETING MINUTES
- Location - Warner Library on COTC Campus.
- Meeting called to order by President Mike Mickelson, KD8DZ at noon.
- Meeting Attendees:
- Moment of silence held to honor silent key K8NM - John.
- New officers to assume their new positions.
- 2013-2014 OFFICERS
- President: Kevin Page, KC8GI
- Vice President: John Sullivan, N8DFQ
- Secretary: Robert Holden, KD8TIZ (Bob will also handle publicity)
- Treasurer: Alan Rothweiler, KD8TNS
- Special election held for treasurer position.
- Nominations opened.
- KD8TNS Nominated.
- 1st – W8ATA
- 2nd – AC8GX
- Nomination Passed
- KD8TNS Elected.
- 1st – W8ATA
- 2nd – N8DFQ
- Treasurer's Report given by Alan – KD8TNS:
- Fund Balance: $441.69
- Treasurer's report approved.
- Committee reports:
- Contest report given by W3HKK.
- Multiple Antenna Added to contesting QTH.
- Many opportunities coming soon to participate
- ARES report given by K8NQ.
- Tour De Cure very successful
- Perry County wanting to form ARES.
- Encouraging any Perry County residents to become involved.
- ARES Net Activated during several storms
- Several pop up storms
- Main storm missed us and no Delracho formed.
- July 25th-28th - Pan Ohio Hope Ride.
- August 9th-11th - Pelotonia.
- CERT report –
- Net repeater has been down off and on.
- Eldon is putting together operating instructions.
- W8WRP is working on crossband repeater for trailer.
- Future trailer could be utilized for both CERT and ARES operations.
- Upcoming events:
- August 10th - John Clem.
- Webb House
- To be discussed further at July meeting.
- August 24th - Ohio QSO Party.
- September 7th - OSPOTA.
- October 12th-13th - Pennsylvania QSO Party.
- October 25th-27th - CQWW DX SSB Contest.
- TBD - 10M Contest.
- New Business:
- Special election held.
- New treasurer will choose bank for club account
- New Account will have President and Treasurer as signees on account.
- 2013-2014 dues are due July 1st.
- Field Day event discussion:
- 2013 Field Day to be dedicated to John Mellet – K8NM
- Brochures from ARRL are in.
- 3 stations plus one GOTA station.
- Eldon reimbursed for payment.
- Exam planned for July meeting, several members looking to upgrade license.
- Constitution change proposal tabled to later meeting. All motions and proposals withdrawn till more discussion can take place.
Meeting was adjourned
Creation date: Jul 7, 2013 6:39 am Last modified date: Aug 6, 2013 6:09 pm Last visit date: Apr 23, 2017 12:18 pm link & embed ?...