Meeting Minutes July 2013
COOKEN JULY 2013 MEETING MINUTES
- Location - Warner Library on COTC Campus.
- Meeting called to order by Vice-President John – N8DFQ at noon.
- Meeting Attendees:
- Treasurer's Report given by Bob – W3HKK:
- Fund Balance: $535.74 – Treasurer's report approved.
- W5UHQ needs reimbursed for Field Day Reservation.
- Only 6 members have paid their dues for 2013-2014.
- Yearly Due amount of $12 for the year, were due as of July 1st.
- You can send a check for your yearly dues to treasurer Alan
- Please include your call sign on the check in the memo
- Send checks to:
- Alan Rothweiler
- 340 Gregory Drive
- Newark, Ohio 43055
- Committee reports:
- Contest report given by W3HKK.
- 3rd place in 8 region for Oct 2012 WWDX Contest.
- 5,445 QSO so far this year
- IARU Contest going on till 8 AM Sunday this weekend at OTH of AC8GX – Brad.
- Field Day Event Pictures were shared with everyone.
- 3 regular stations and 1 GOTA station operated at Field Day Event.
- GOTA Station 120 QSO’s
- CW Station – 443 QSO’s
- In 8.5 hours of operation.
- Average of 52 contacts per hour.
- PSK Operation – about 20 QSO’s
- SSB made up the rest of the QSO’s for Field Day.
- Field Day stories and experiences shared by everyone.
- ARES report given by K8NQ.
- Visited all three local Field Day Events.
- Perry County meeting this weekend about forming a ARES group.
- ARES Net Activated during storms
- Please review procedures for what events to report during WX nets.
- Please have as much location information as possible when reporting severe WX.
- July 20th MS Bike – BikeOhio.com
- July 25th-28th - Pan Ohio Hope Ride.
- August 9th-11th - Pelotonia.
- CERT report –
- Progress is being made on getting the trailer.
- Eldon is still working on SOP for C0-Op operations between ARES and CERT.
- 440 repeater has still been having issues with being up and down.
- Upcoming events:
- August 10th - John Clem.
- August 24th - Ohio QSO Party.
- September 7th - OSPOTA.
- October 12th-13th - Pennsylvania QSO Party.
- October 25th-27th - CQWW DX SSB Contest.
- TBD - 10M Contest.
- Old business:
- Was unable to discuss making arrangements for Johnny Clem with Jack – K8EM at July meeting.
- New Business:
- Upgrade exam cancelled due to not having enough VE’s to proctor exam.
- Ideas for meeting programs, please submit them to officers or to the COOKEN email. We want to know what you would like to see and learn about at future meetings.
- Meeting was adjourned 13:23.
Creation date: Jul 13, 2013 12:05pm Last modified date: Aug 6, 2013 6:09pm Last visit date: Oct 16, 2020 12:00am