Meeting Minutes - March 2014
COOKEN MARCH 2014 MEETING MINUTES
- Location – Warner Library on COTC Campus.
- Meeting called to order by President Kevin Page – AC8GI.
- Meeting Attendees:
- Treasurer's Report
- Fund Balance:$596.74.
- 26 members currently / 2 new members joined at meeting.
- Committee reports:
- Arbor Day at Dawes – April 26th
- Ralph will volunteer his 40 M vertical
- Will have solar power setup again
- Will try to setup a 20 meter station as well
- QSL all up to date
- ARES report K8NQ.
- Tour De Cure – June 7th
- Challenge Run – July 27th – Details coming in future
- CERT report
- Technician training planned for CERT May 4th and 11th / VE testing will also be planned in May to coincide with training.
- Looking for more to join in on nets (opposite week of ARES)
- If interested in more information please contact W5UHQ – Eldon.
- Perry County ARES
- Meetings are held at the American Legion in Summerset
- Contact AC8GI – Kevin for more information.
- Old business:
- VE testing session currently planning on May.
- Programs for future meetings:
- March – AEP – power line interference.
- April – Lightening protection
- May – Tower Climbing Safety
- June – Field Day
- July – MARS presentation
- Additional topics were discussed.
- New Business
- Member had some equipment stolen out of his house. Will send notice to the COOKEN group email with details. If anyone sees this equipment for sale, please let him know.
- Using old routers to setup Broadband ham nets was briefly mentioned. Those wanting to know more about it should check out broadband-hamnet.org.
- Meeting was adjourned.
Creation date: Mar 9, 2014 1:57 pm Last modified date: Mar 9, 2014 1:57 pm Last visit date: Mar 15, 2017 1:16 am link & embed ?...