"Jesus Christ had dreads so shake em...." (E-40)
Although the term 'dreadlock'
was associated closely with the Rastafari movement
community, people of various cultures have worn, and continue to wear, locks.
you can not "make" locks, locks are the natural form of all human hair, so they can only be created by God. Whether it looks like what someone would call "dreadlocks" or not, the natural form of someone's hair is locks. Those people letting their hair lock just for style are missing it completely. I would rather be a baldhead with roots on the inside and none on the outside than someone with roots on the outside and none on the inside, but luckily you can have both. Locks can put a person at a spiritual advantage, and are Holy/Sacred. There is nothing shameful or dreadful about locks or a person with locks, therefore they should not be called "dreads" or "dreadlocks". the following bible verses with prove that:
All the days of the vow of his separation there shall be no razor come upon his head until the days be fulfilled in which he separateth himself unto the Lord, he shall be holy and shall the LOCKS of the hair of his head grow.
Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shall thou mar the corners of thy beard.
And he put forth the form of the hand and took me by a LOCK of mine head.
Song of Solomon 5:11
His head is as the most fine gold. His LOCKS are bushy and black as a raven.
... the consecration of his God is upon his head. All the days of his
separation he is Holy unto the Lord.
1 Samuel 1:11
I will give him unto the Lord all the days of his Life, and there shall
no razor come upon his head.
Song of SOLOMON 5:2
My head is filed with dew, and my LOCKS with the drop of the night.
1 Kings 1:52
And Solomon said, If he will show himself a worthy man, there shall not an hair of him fall to the earth.
Also I highly recomend you read Judges chapters 13-17
This is the story of Samson and his seven locks, his locks gave him power, and without them he was nothing.
Locks occur in EVERY culture:
1. The bible speaks of locks so Hebrews, Christ, and early Christians must have had them.
2. Most ancient cultures had not devolped a brush for a long time.
3. King Tut's body, to this day, still has locks.
4. Ancient Mayan artwork proves that they had Locks
5. Aborigine tribesman to this day still have locks proving that their ancesters must have had them as well.
6. Native New Guineans have/had locks.
7. Hindu Sadhus out of tradition have locks, and so its been for a long time.
8. Ceaser reported that Celtic tribes had "hair like snakes".
9. The Muslim Whirling Dervishes of Sudan have locks.
10. Various African tribes have locks.
11. Ethiopian monks have locks.
12. The longest hair in the world is one lock of a man in Thailand
13. There are Sihks with locks.
and so on and so on, I'm sure there are many more I don't know about.(if you know of anymore please let me know)
Locks are I&I way of seperating ourselves from babylon, showing that we are seperate from babylon, and getting closer to Yah, both in the physical, mental, and spiritual. It only makes sense that we are closer to HIM if we look like HIM/what he intended for us to look like. By showing that you are seperate from babylon, it changes babylon's outlook on you therefore changing your outlook on babylon, so indeed locks can make you conscious if you let them.
Taken from "ROOTS NATTY ROOTS"
.......That's what's on my head.