Tres Leches (Milk Cake)
Submitted by: Stephanie
"This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. There
are 4 types of milk in the filling and topping (whole milk, condensed
milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream). This is an excellent cake for
Original recipe yield: 1 -9x13 inch cake.
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift flour and baking powder together and set aside.
butter or margarine and 1 cup of the sugar together until fluffy. Add
eggs and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla extract, beat well.
- Add the
flour mixture to the butter or margarine mixture 2 tablespoons at a
time, mix until well blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes. Pierce cake several times with a fork.
- Combine the whole milk, evaporated milk, and condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the cooled cake.
whipping cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup of the sugar together
until thick. Spread over the top of cake. Be sure and keep cake
Creation date: Sep 30, 2006 7:14 pm Last modified date: Sep 30, 2006 7:14 pm Last visit date: Jul 21, 2019 10:12 pm