Dutch-style Beef and Cabbage (crockpot)
- 1 1/2 lbs Beef round steak, sliced in thin stips
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large onions
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Beef bouillon granules
- 1 head cabbage
- slice round Steak into thin strips.
- combine flour, salt, and pepper; coat meat with flour mixture.
- heat oil in skillet and brown meat on all sides; transfer meat to crockery cooker.
- add onions
- in same skillet, add water, vinegar, and bouillon granules.
- stir together, scraping browned bits from skillet; pour over meat and onions in cooker
- cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours
- about 15 minutes before serving, cut cabbage into 4 to 5 wedges.
- cook in a 3 quart saucepan in a large amount of salted water until tender, 10 to 12 minutes; drain well.
- serve Beef mixture over cabbage wedges
- NOTE: I just add the cabbage to the crock pot over the Beef and onions
You can bake this in the oven
Place in a covered casserole dish and bake @ 300 for 2 hours. You should double water, vinegar, bouillon mixture if you choose to bake it.
Creation date: Feb 14, 2011 8:34 pm Last modified date: Feb 14, 2011 8:43 pm Last visit date: May 16, 2017 12:01 pm link & embed ?...