Monica Patricia Carr
21726 Placerita Canyon Road, #1165, Santa Clarita, CA 91321
Phone: (661) 803-0589 Email: email@example.com
OBJECTIVE ESL teacher for adults and/or children.
Eight years experience motivating, counseling, encouraging and teaching in a variety of informal educational settings.
- Strong athletic and leadership skills; outgoing and friendly; approachable.
- Sincere love of children and strong desire to develop character and academic excellence.
- Basic conversational Spanish.
Bachelor of Arts, TESOL and Biblical Counseling Overall GPA 3.5
The Master’s College (TMC), Santa Clarita, CA Graduating May 2005
Dean’s List Scholar; Achievement Scholarship (4 years)
Tutored Spanish-speaking college students in English; tutored elementary grade children in all subjects, with special emphasis on developing reading proficiency.
- Developed curriculum and designed materials for an effective language program for the Hispanic community; completed needs analysis, set goals and objectives, created testing and evaluation tools.
- Prepared curriculum and presented lessons to kindergarteners and junior high boys and girls; served as kindergarten teacher aid, learned classroom management and teaching skills.
- Developed modifications to instructional material, presented instruction to elementary through high school youth during four visits to Mexico.
Leadership & Motivation
As peer leader and team captain, provided leadership to girls’ college soccer team; directed player behavior and effort during practices and competitions.
- Assisted new coach in establishing effective relationships with players; served as communication conduit between coach and players; mediated misunderstandings and resolved differences.
- Planned and ran very successful Core Weekend for building unity among new and returning players; set season goals and expectations, and obtained player buy-in.
- Led regular team meetings; addressed problems and developed resolutions; made formal motivational presentations to team.
- Served as counselor and guide for incoming freshmen, assisting in transition to college life; provided counsel on balance in academic and athletic priorities.
- Maybe put someplace the Macaroni Grill award you got at the Christmas party.
Captain (1 year), team manager (2 years) and player (4 years), TMC Womens’ Soccer; Scholar-Athlete Award for academic and athletic achievements (2004).
- High school soccer player (4 years); team captain (2 years); club soccer player; All-American Girls’ Soccer Cup (1999), including international competition in Holland; Most Valuable Player (1999); Coach’s Award for best all-around talent (2000); YMCA soccer coach for 3 and 4-year olds.
- Team leader for soccer exhibition in Germany through Athletes for Christ.
2004 – present Server, Macaroni Grill, Stephenson Ranch, CA
2003 – present Team Manager, TMC Women’s Soccer, The Master's College