Quaker Oats - Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Quaker Oats Oatmeal Cookies
Everyone remembers Quaker Oats from their childhood. Mom's used to
make it for breakfast before the kids went to school. Now-a-days,
Quaker Oats claims that eating oatmeal might lower your cholesterol. At
the very least, it's a good source of fiber and everyone needs more of
that in their diet! There's also a great Quaker Oats Oatmeal Raisin
Cookie recipe on the back of the container.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (1 cups) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper or spraying with vegetable shortening.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- Using a beater attachment and a stand mixer, beat butter on medium speed until creamy.
- Add sugars and beat until fluffy. Scrape bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla and beat again. Scrape.
- Turn mixer to low speed and add the flour and oats mixture a few cups at a time.
- Add raisins and give it one final mix. Scrape the bowl good to make sure everything is blended well.
a cookie scoop or Tablespoon, measure out cookie dough and place on
prepared sheets leaving some room between them to spread.
at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly firm around the
edges. Cookies will continue to bake even after you take them out of
- Remove to cooling racks and cool completely before storing them in airtight containers.
- Makes 25-30 warm, chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
- Oatmeal Scotchies Cookies: Substitute butterscotch chips for raisins.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies: Substitute chocolate chips for raisins.
- Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies: Substitute chocolate chips for raisins and add 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Oatmeal Craisin Nut Cookies: Substitute craisins for raisins and add 1 cup chopped nuts, your choice.
Creation date: Jul 19, 2008 8:24pm Last modified date: Jul 19, 2008 8:25pm Last visit date: Apr 4, 2020 4:04am