Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Recipe from Tricia: Savingdessert
For the crust:
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick), unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter until well blended.
- Press the mixture into the sides and bottom of a nine-inch deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- 14 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well.
- Beat in the melted butter gradually.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream into the peanut butter mixture using a spatula. Do not over beat.
- Pour into the prepared, cool crust and refrigerate for several hours until set.
For the Ganache:
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped (high-quality such as Ghiradelli – not chocolate chips)
- Bring the cream to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over the chocolate in a bowl. Stir gently to melt the chocolate and mix well.
- Cool slightly and spread evenly over the pie.
- Chill until served.
- Cut with a knife that has been heated under hot water and wiped dry between each slice