Sausage - Anjanette's Manicotti for 2
Manicotti for 2
- 1 box Manicotti shells (you won’t use all of them, but I usually break one or two when stuffing them, so you’ll want to make about 8 or so.
- ½ lb. Italian sausage (optional – I have never made them with meat, they’re just fine with cheese only if you prefer.)
- 1 ½ C meatless pasta sauce
- 1C ricotta cheese
- ½ C mozzarella cheese divided
- ¼ C parmesan cheese
- ½ t. Italian seasoning
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. pepper
- Cook manicotti according to package directions
- If you use meat, cook it and drain. Stir in sauce
- Drain manicotti and rinse with cold water
- In a bowl, combine ricotta, ¼ C of the mozz. cheese, parmesan, and seasonings
- Stuff manicotti
- Put in a greased 11x7x2 baking dish
- Top with sauce
- Bake uncovered @ 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozz. cheese and bake 3-5 minutes longer until cheese has melted.
** If you have leftover cheese, just make more manicotti shells stuff them. You might try stuffing the shells by filling a baggie with the cheese mixture, cutting a hole in the corner of the bag and then squeezing it out into the pasta.
** This is REALLY good with garlic bread. J
Creation date: Jul 25, 2008 3:40 pm Last modified date: Aug 1, 2010 3:39 pm Last visit date: Sep 18, 2018 2:08 am link & embed ?...