Serves 14, prep:25 min, Bake:40min
2 or 3 oranges
2 1/4 cups cake flour(not self-rising)
1 1/3 cups plus 2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 large eggs, yolks & whites separated
(you'll need 3 yolks),whites placed in a
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 cups fresh fruit salad
1. Heat oven to 325F. Coat a 10-cup (8 3/4-in)
nonstick bundt pan with olive oil or nonstick spray
2. Grate 1 Tbsp peel from oranges; squeeze 1/2 cup
juice. Mix flour, 1 1/3 cups of sugar, baking powder
and salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center
and place peel, juice, the 3 yolks and oil in well.
3. Beat egg whites with mixer on high speed until
foamy. Gradually beat in remaining 2 Tbsp sugar,
beating until stiff peaks form when beaters are lifted.
4. Using same beaters, beat flour mixture on low
speed 1 minute. Gently fold into beaten whites.
Scrape into prepared pan.
5. Bake 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted
in center of cake comes out clean (cake will rise to
top of pan). Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes.
6. Loosen cake around edge with a thin metal
spatula. Unmold on a wire rack; cool completely.
Serve with fruit salad.
Per serving: 276cal, 4g pro, 45 g car, 1 g fiber, 10 g fat
(2 g saturated fat), 46 mg chol, 207 mg sod