COOKEN MARCH 2015 MEETING NOTES
- Location – Warner Library on COTC Campus
- Meeting called to order by President Russ Payne (W8ATA)
- Meeting Attendees:
- Reading of the last minutes:
- Fund Balance: $665.74, With 25 paid members.
- Club dues are due.
- Who worked K1N –Navassa Island? May be 10 years before another visit is allowed. Eldon was the club leader in band/mode contacts.
- PGH Ground wave Contest – Breezeshooters ARC. 28480 ssb, from 8-middnight tonight Eldon is hosting our attempt to make a few contacts.
- Arbor Day – in April meeting we will discuss final details
- June VHF Contest - Eldon proposed using 4 Church Farm for at least a 6m station/possibly 2m/440
- June FD: Looks like joint with CRES this year. The offer was favorably received by CRES, and would be humbled to work with COOKEN on Field Day. Steve and I are working on details. Five members plan to participate.
ARES Report: Weldon K8NQ
- NVIS Day 4/25/2015, would like to include the EMA
- Field Day, would like to include EMA
- All Ohio ARES Conference 4/11/2015
- Tour De Cure 6/6/2015, Email Alan KD8TNS if you would like to participate.
- Guardian Shield 6/17-19/2015, Email Alan KD8TNS if you would like to participate.
- Bret KD8SCL reported that the Red Cross Equipment has been purchased to date.
CERT Report: Eldon W5UHQ
- Moved the next meeting date to 4/18/15 due to ARES Conference.
- Mike WD8JLP reported that today the American Legion will have a 94th birthday special event station.
- Eldon W5UHQ, Reported that Lori (CERT) gave him a bunch of FRS radios to get operational. Asked if anyone would like to take over that project.
- Gary, N8EMR gave a presentation on Arduino micro computers & controllers.