Delicious cookies from Natalie - Christmas 2008
Mocha Truffle Cookies
Yield: 15-20 cookies
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules (you may want to use a little more if you like the coffee flavor)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablesppoons plus 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
1 square (1 ounce) milk chocolate, melted
- In a bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in coffee granguales until dissoved; cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to small mixing bowl. Add sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; add to chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted milk chocolate.