Porcelain sink is a sturdy and durable material which has become the utmost of many. Its sturdy and durable nature assist it achieving longer lifespan but also possess some down because of this characteristics. Drilling a hole in porcelain is a daunting task. The snag increases usually when you have decided to enlarge the existing hole. While making such attempts, the drill bit will wander and even sabotage the entire sink. Numerous porcelain sink owners do wonder how to make holes in porcelain sink. Explore this article as well as visit Sink Engineering Blog to understand effectual way of making holes on the sink.
Drilling porcelain sink:
Drilling can be done in several ways. Some of the effectual way of carrying out this task are listed below.
Employ Diamond Tipped drill bit
- Outline the boundary of the hole with a chalk pencil. Before commencing the drilling process, wear the safety equipment such as gloves and goggles. Employ the smallest diamond tipped drill bits and commence drilling close to the centre of the hole.
- While drilling, move your drill bit steady in clockwise motion. Do not apply more pressure downwards while drilling. It has the potential to break the entire sink.
- Stop drilling every 10 to 15 seconds and rinse off the drill bit with water, preferably cold water. It avoids the drill bit gets heating up and create other mess.
- Continuous drilling should be avoided since it influences the sink to break.
- If you are not achieving the target results, gradually increase the size of the drill bits. Never ever make an attempt of pushing the drilling machine downwards. Try to drill in circular motion.
Employing diamond tipped hole saw with pilot hole
- Draw the outline of the hole with a chalk pencil. Measure and trace the hole size in a piece of plywood which you wish to drill porcelain sink.
- Wear your safety goggles and gloves to commence the prominent part of the making holes. Employ diamond tipped hole saw make a hole in the plywood via drilling machine.
- Place the drilled plywood on the sink hole where you want to make a hole. Before commencing drilling, drip a few drops of water on the plywood hole. It keeps the arena wet and makes it easier as well as safe to drilling.
- Place a hole saw in the plywood hole where the chalk outline and plywood hole sink. Commence drilling. As mentioned before, make sure you aren’t pressing the drilling machine downwards. Always move it in circular motion for effectual use.
Several ways are available to drill the hole in porcelain sink and only the significant methods are listed here. If you are comfortable with any other method of making holes, you can stick to them and achieve greater results. No matter which method you rely on, wear the safety equipment before commencing this work.
Hope this article has enlighten you sharp with the effectual way of making holes in porcelain sinks.