John Pavlovitz Preorder Campaign
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 Contiguous United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 Contiguous United States or the District of Columbia.
- How to Enter. Email address and Internet or printer access required. To enter the “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS Pre-Order Sweepstakes, go to johnpavlovitz.com/hopepreorder and follow the directions to enter between 12:01:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 31, 2018 and 11:59:59 P.M. ET on November 5, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). You must include on the online entry form your email address, mailing address, first and last name and indicate that you have read and understood these rules. All entrants must have a valid email address. If you are under the age of majority in your State, province or territory of residence you must have parental consent to enter this sweepstakes.
There are two (2) ways to enter the “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS Pre-order Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”):
(i) Pre-order “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS by John Pavlovitz (hardcover or e-book) from any online retailer of your choice and fill out the form on johnpavlovitz.com/hopepreorder with your first name, last name, email, mailing address, preorder confirmation number, and retail outlet, indicate that you have read and understood these rules and press submit by 11:59:59 P.M. ET on November 5, 2018. One entry per book ordered is permitted.
(ii) Fill out the form on johnpavlovitz.com/hopepreorder with your first name, last name, email, and mailing address, indicate that you have read and understood these rules and mail completed form to Elizabeth Breeden, Simon & Schuster, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, 15th floor, New York, NY 10020. Entries must be postmarked by November 5, 2018. Eligible entrants under the age of majority must disclose the name and address of at least one parent or guardian who has agreed to the entrant disclosing the requested information and is assuming contest responsibility for the minor entrant. Only one entry by mail is permitted per person.
Each entry must be submitted separately and only one entry may be submitted per person. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 31, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 P.M. ET on November 5, 2018.
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, outside of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Simon & Schuster (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Random Drawing/Odds. Winners will be selected in tiered, random drawings from all eligible entries received during the sweeps period. Prizes will correspond to drawings on September 16, 2018, October 1, 2018, October 16, 2018, and November 6, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for each drawing. Random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes. 2,750 Eligible winner(s) will be awarded one “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS book plate (US$1.00). Prize drawing on November 6, 2018.
50 Eligible Winner(s) will be awarded one “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS” promotional button (US$1.00). Prize drawing on October 16, 2018.
50 Eligible winner(s) will be awarded one “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS” swag pack (subject to change, swag pack includes a “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS” bookmark, quote card, button, and signed bookplate). (US$1.00) Prize drawing on October 1, 2018.
10 Eligible Winner(s) will be awarded one “HOPE AND OTHER SUPERPOWERS” T-Shirt and swag pack (US$10.00). Prize drawing on September 16, 2018.
Total approximate retail value of all prizes combined is US$3,000.00.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. UNCLAIMED PRIZES WILL NOT BE AWARDED.
- Notification. Winners will be notified by reception of prize on or about November 6, 2018. If winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. If any winner cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one prize per person or household.
- Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winners and travel companions agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective advertising and promotion agencies parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES OR PAGES ASSOCIATED WITH THESWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by November 5, 2018 to: Elizabeth Breeden, Simon & Schuster, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor, New York, NY 10020.
- Sponsor. Simon & Schuster, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020.
Creation date: Sep 4, 2018 2:03pm Last modified date: Sep 4, 2018 2:03pm Last visit date: Aug 1, 2020 6:09pm