Spiritual Growth System Memory Verses - Rich's - Aug 2007 ver
SGS Verses (Spiritual Growth System Verses)
A. How to Grow Spiritually
- Depend on Christ John 15.5 I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- Obey Christ John 14.21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.
- Know, Do, Teach the Bible Joshua 1:8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
- In Everything, Pray Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts
- Encourage One Another Spiritually Hebrews 10.24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another
- Make Disciples Matthew 28.19-20 make disciples of all nations, ... teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
B. The Gospel
- All Have Sinned Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
- Sin's Penalty Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- Christ Paid Penalty 1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,
- Salvation Not by Works Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.
- Must Repent and Turn to God Acts 3.19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord
- Must Trust and Rely on Christ John 3.16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- Assurance of Salvation Romans 10.9 if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
C. Depend on Christ
- His Forgiveness 1 John 1.9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- His Guidance Proverbs 3.5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
- His Help in Temptation 1 Corinthians 10.13 No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.
- His Provision Matthew 6.33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
- His Strength Isaiah 41.10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- His Training Hebrews 12.7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
D. Obey Christ
- Doing Good Galatians 6.9-10 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.
- Give Generously 2 Corinthians 9.6-7 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Humility Philippians 2.3-4 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.
Love God & Neighbor Mark 12.30-21 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself.
- Purity Ephesians 5.3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people.
- Witnessing 1 Peter 3.15 Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
E. Know, Do, Teach Bible
- Inspired by God 2 Timothy 3.16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
- Keeps One From Sin Psalm 119.9-11 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- How to Use the Word Matthew 4.4 Jesus answered, It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.
- Study Intently and Do It James 1.25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
- Treasure It Job 23.12 I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.
- Teach It Deuteronomy 6.6-7 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
F. In Everything, Pray
- How to Pray Matthew 6.9-13 Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us today our daily bread. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
- Right Attitude Matthew 7.11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
- Wrong Attitude James 4.2-3 You do not have, because you do not ask God. When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.
- How Often 1 Thess 5.17 pray continually;
Pray with Faith Hebrews 11.6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Pray During Huge Trials Matthew 26.39 My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.
G. Encourage Others Spiritually
- Build Others Up Eph 4.29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
- Mutually Encouraged Romans 1.12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith.
- Prevent Hardening Hebrews 3.13 encourage one another daily, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
- Teach and Admonish One Another Colossians 3.16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom
- Restore and Carry Galatians 6.1-2 if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
- Not Associate 1 Corthians 5.11 you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
H. Make Disciples
- Who To Disciple 2 Timothy 2.2 And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others.
- Pray, Pray, Pray for Them Colossians 4.12 He is always wrestling in prayer for you, that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured.
- Train Like A Father Does 1 Thess 2.11-12 For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.
- Serve Them 2 Corinthians 4.5 For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake.
- Don't Become Unfruitful Mark 4.19 but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful.
- Do Your Best 2 Timothy 2.15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
Creation date: Oct 18, 2007 1:29pm Last modified date: Oct 18, 2007 1:50pm Last visit date: Jun 19, 2020 7:07pm