Meet with Jesus Daily!
Meet with Jesus Daily!
See below on list of scriptures that describe what we should be talking about, doing.
Questions to ask people
- What have you been meditating on?
- What prayers has God been answering?
If you are not meeting with Jesus in the word today and obeying him, is it not true:
- You died a little today? John 15.5-6
- You are not clean today? John 15.3, John 17.17, Eph 5.26
- You will bear less fruit today? John 15.4
- Your prayers are less likely to be answered? John 15.7-8
- You are not equipped for the day? 2 Timothy 3.16-17
- You will not be as blessed today as you could have been? James 1.25
- You will not be taught by Jesus and encouraged by him? Romans 15.4
- You will not be warned by him? 1 Corinthians 10.11
- You won't be able to teach and admonish your family/friends as well? Col 3.16
- You will be in error because you do not know the Scriptures? Mark 12.24
- You will not be as full of the spirit? Eph 5.18
- You will not speak to one another as much with Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs? eph 5.19
- You will not walk with God as well? Gen 3.8
- The word is being choked in your life? Mark 4.19
Questions to ask ourselves - What have I been:
- Meditating on? Palms 1:2-3 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.
- Careful to do? Joshua 1.8 Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
- Looking intently into? James 1.25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
- Teaching and admonishing with? Col 3.16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
- Thinking about? Talking about? Deut 6.6,7 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
- Hidding in my heart? Psalm 119.9-11 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
- Washing your wife with to make her holy? Eph 5.26-27 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless.
- Doing your best with? 2 Timothy 2.15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth
- Answering Satan's temptations with? Matthew 4.4,7,10 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" ... Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" ... Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: 'Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.'"
- What has been remaining in you? John 15.7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
- Have they been your life or just idle words? Deuteronomy 32.47 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
- Where do I go to revive my soul or get joy? Psalm 19.7, 9 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. ... The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The ordinances of the LORD are sure and altogether righteous
- Am I teaching or am I slow to learn? Hebrews 5.11-14 We have much to say about this, but it is hard to explain because you are slow to learn. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
- Am I constantly using the Bible? Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
What we should be talking about, doing
- What prayers God has answered and what we are praying for - Col 4.2, 1 Thess 5.17
- Jesus - Hebrews 3.1, Hebrews 12:2
- Psalms (Bible), hymns and spiritual songs Eph 5.19
- Encouraging (not by talking about weather but ...) one another daily so that none of you may be hardened by sin's decitfulness Heb 3.13, Heb 10.24-25
- If we are not talking about the above, doesn't it mean Mark 4.19?
- Meditating on? Palms 1:2-3
- Careful to do? Joshua 1.8
- Looking intently into? James 1.25
- Teaching and admonishing with? Col 3.16
- Talking about? Deut 6.6,7
- Hidding in my heart? Psalm 119.9-11
- Washing your wife with to make her holy? Eph 5.26-27
- Doing your best with? 2 Timothy 2.15
- Answering Satan's temptations with? Matthew 4.4,7,10
- What has been remaining in you? John 15.7
- Have they been your life or just idle words? Deuteronomy 32.47
- Where do I go to revive my soul or get joy? Psalm 19.7, 9
- Am I teaching or am I slow to learn? Hebrews 5.11-14
- Am I constantly using the Bible? Hebrews 5:14
- Am I "competent to instruct one another? Rom 15.14
Creation date: Jul 19, 2008 7:21 am Last modified date: Mar 4, 2009 10:09 am Last visit date: Oct 11, 2018 5:04 pm link & embed ?...