9 - Sermons Notes and rating
- 2009-08-30 Two Sisters - Rob Turner - Apex church --> Very good on importance of spending time with Jesus AND NOT living too busy of a life.
- 2009-09-06 Where The Music Starts - Rob Turner - Apex Church --> Good first message on getting people into a house church
- 2009-06-13 Biblical and Practical Principles on House Church Multiplication
- Beware of Good Liars - Dec 6, 2009
- Sad but great story about horrible persecution of Christians in India and then how God sent Elephants
- False teachers - We are false teachers when we tell people what we think when it's based on our own thoughts, upbringing instead of the word
- People say a loving God will not God judged the rebellious angels, Sodum & Gomoarh
- God knows how to rescue the Godly and hold the wicked for judgment (2 Peter 2.4-10) For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment. 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature and despise authority.
- Francis believes, just as Jesus described, that there is a hell and that God will punish those who rebel
- The Lord's Prayer - Dec 20, 2009
- Verse by verse of Mat 6.6-13
God is Strong. Am I?
Francis Chan 2009-05-10
- Acts 4.29-30 Pray for boldness every day
- App "What step of faith is God calling me to do?".
- Started out with all of the Sunday Day stories about the OT herors
- What characterizes us more. The 10 spies or the 2 spies.
- We become more and more cowardly as we get older but call it being responsible
- Do I still believe that God can still do wonderful things through me?
- Just like the bench press guy who can do 1100 pounds and his wife who can do 405 pounds.
- It would be weird if his kids were skinny and weak.
- So with us, we are children of the most high and it looks weird if we are scared and weak.
- Caleb in Joshua 14 says he is so strong because it's not about him but god's great power.
- Caleb after 45 years in Joshua 14
- Don't you want to be stronger in your faith when you're old
- Do I listen to these voices "No one lives like that anymore"
- I don't want to be a coward, like one of the ten. Be "irresponisbile" don't take care of your retirement
- Francis Chan used to gambled, the excitment of winning
- Easy to let it ride with $2, but not when it's $100.
- The older you are the more you have to lose. That's why it's so much harder.
- I want to walk like a true child of God, strong & fearless.
- Ended with Elders praying for them: "Something that I know God wants me to do but I lack courage".
- Round down eating & big stuff and round up giving
- Use cash envelopes
Creation date: May 17, 2009 6:29 am Last modified date: Aug 2, 2010 10:36 am Last visit date: Apr 19, 2019 7:21 pm link & embed ?...