Follow Jesus Now (followjesusnow.com)
One year reading plan
Goal: to start knowing parts of the Bible good enough to teach our family and friends. So for Tuesday, August 6 meeting (in addition to daily reading the Bible):
- Spend at least 20 minutes a studying and applying the days reading passage from the One year reading plan.
- Includes looking at 2 Bible commentaries on at least the application passage for that day
- Be able to discuss "What does God want us to do?"
- Text the 'prayer' application to the rest of the group.
- Memorize a key verse to want to remember, do, and teach others with. Typically it'll be from the last 2 weeks reading/studying.
- Come prepared to teach at least one passage
In our meeting we will discuss:
- How have I been feeding my soul this week?
- Hearing, Reading, Studying
- How have I been feeding others this week?
- Family, Friends, Gospel conversations with Non Christians
- The "One year reading plan" Bible chapters we read and study throughout the previous 7 days
Chuck Madden - Scripture Memory LINK
John Piper - Why memorize scripture? 4 minute video LINK
Discipleship Library LINK (then search for Chuck Madden)
Great 'Verse Pack' to hold your 3 x 5 verse cards. LINK